Our vision is a stronger, more vibrant Albert County, where our residents can enjoy the economic, healthful, and cultural benefits of consuming locally produced foods, and our farmers and food producers are able to sustainably, responsibly and profitably grow the local food economy.
Through education, innovation and strengthening of community ties, we foster an environment that promotes the production and consumption of local goods in the Albert County area.
To that end, Foods of the Fundy Valley strives to:
- Promote the consumption of locally grown or produced food and food products;
- Educate the public about health and other benefits of the consumption of locally grown or produced food and food products;
- Provide a farmers market or similar venue for the sale of locally grown or produced food and food products;
- Give or promote the giving of seminars outlining the benefits of home gardening, supporting local farms and other like topics;
- Provide a facility for a teaching kitchen to demonstrate relevant skills, such as cooking, canning and preserving;
- Do all things ancillary to fulfilling our mission and vision.
- Local first – food, goods and services
- Sustainable and environmentally responsible practices
- Respect for: People and their ideas and opinions; Diversity; Social and economic needs
- Pride in where we are from
- Driven by action
- Community leadership – “practice what we preach”
- Ethical conduct